Monday, November 8, 2010

7 Game Final Table and New Draw Games at Full Tilt Poker

For the first time I made the final table of a 7 Game tourney.  It was a $26 buy in with about 200 players and I finished 4th winning about $260.  I have not played many 7 Game tournaments, mostly because there are not many of them happening. 
7 Game consists of the same five fixed limit games as HORSE, Hold'em, Omaha hi/lo, Razz, 7 card Stud and 7 card Stud hi/lo, plus it adds, Pot Limit Omaha and No Limit Hold'em to the mix.
I really like playing the multiple game tournaments because I feel that I am well rounded and can hold my own in all the games.  Many players who enter this tournaments, especially with the low/medium buyins are weak in one of more of the games which gives me an advantage over them.
Full Tilt has also recently introduced a few new games to its line up, 5 card draw, 2-7 single draw and 2-7 triple draw, with the addition of Draw games to the Sud and flop games in its current lineup.
The 2-7 lowball draw games are games I have played before, although not a lot. 
When a new game is introduced that the average player may not have played before and has little experience in the represents an opportunity to those who are either already familiar with the game and can learn quicker then other.  I am going to try to take advantage of this over the coming weeks by playing these games as I feel I already adequate playing these games, and this will give me a chance to improve my own skills in games that I am not as familiar with in a setting that I think could still be profitable.

I have been doing well overall over the last couple days and have my stack back up to $3550.

No comments:

Post a Comment