Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2-7 Draw and the FTSOP

Well things have continued to go well today.  I have played a couple hours at 2-7 NL single draw and FL triple draw tables and have made a couple hundred dollars.  As I expected there are a few really bad players at the tables, I even had one hand that I made $50 on against a guy I am pretty sure did not even know the rules of the game.  It was triple draw and I had four cards to a 8 low in the BB and everyone folded until the SB raised and I called.  I hit my 8 low on the first draw, he bet I raised he three bet and I called.  We both stood pat and he bet out again.  I figured I would just call since I though with him raising both times he might have a 7 low, Stand pat for both and him betting with me calling again after the third draw and he flipped over 2 3 4 5 6.  In stud or Omaha where straights and flushes don't count for low that would be a really good hand but in 2-7 draw they do so his straight was a really bad hand.  The only way I can explain his play continuing to bet wtih that hand when I am standing pat and clearly not folding is that he did not know that straights count and thought he had me beat.

I also played in two $75 satellites for FTSOP events and won two $216 seats.  I will most likely enter event #1 tonight, and No Limit hold'em $800,000 guaranteed event and event #4 on Thursday, which is a $150,000 guaranteed Rush HORSE tournament.
including the value of my two tournament seats I now sit at $4060 getting back up toward my high once again.

1 comment: