Monday, October 25, 2010

Sometimes it Seems so Easy, But...

I have added on close to another $1000 in the last two days and now sit at $4700. 
I made a couple hundred playing in Rush Hold'em cash games and then made another $700 profit after making the final table of the $200 buy in $30,000 guaranteed Sunday Night HORSE tournament, which had 148 entries.  I finished in 7th overall taking a $900 prize.
I have made it deep into several tournaments the last couple weeks and over the last month have jumped from a low of about $1000 to today's new high of $4700 an increase of $3700 in less then one month playing about 50 hours total.  Those types of stretches make me feel like I could quit work and put in 40 hours a week playing poker and make more then enough to live on.  Then I remind myself that from Aug 26 until Sept 26 I had lost about $1800, and I could not pay the bills during stretches like that. 
I am almost three month into this and have turned $50 into $4700, but my journey so far has certainly reinforced how much variance there is in poker and managing that variance is the key to being profitable over the long run, because even the best players have losing streaks, especially when playing tournaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment